Friday, March 26, 2010

Welcome

After a little prodding from a good friend, I've decided to start up a blog for some of my sketches. For the past few weeks, I've been spending at least a little time drawing every day, and I'm finding it to be a great creative outlet as well as very relaxing for me. Back when I was in high school, I used to draw all the time, but unfortunately over the years, it is one area that has really been neglected. I'm really diving back into it, despite a ten year lapse (which I'm now kicking myself for).

As I have time to really get this blog set up, I'll add links to blogs of some artists that I have a real love and respect for. Right off the bat, I'll say that anything I can do pales in comparison to their stuff. I have the utmost respect for the awesome work these guys put out. I've added a couple already, and I have to give a special shout out to Justin Rodrigues for leading me to a fewe of these other artists' work like Cheeks and Jose Lopez. Make sure you check out all of the blogs I end up linking to...

I'll try to get a few more things posted over the weekend, but for now, sit back, relax, and enjoy this quick & dirty color test I did on a couple sketches that originated as random sketches on post-it notes at work.




1 comment:

  1. I like it! Wanna see more! There better be an update every day on this thing...

    ReplyDelete