Hey all! You may notice a new header for my blog. Have to give a shout-out to Trevor over at Compose Myself who, while able to write some amazing music, also knows his way around making some badass graphics. I asked him to create something for me, so he made that beautiful baseball-script inspired style. As you can see, my work in progress pitcher that I posted a week ago also made it into the header, finally finished and colored. Also have to credit Trevor with an assist as far as helping me to figure out how to make the pitcher look as good as possible as I was finishing it up.
Below are a couple shots to show how the pitcher got from that sketch I did on Opening Day to the piece that is part of my new header.
Here's the original Opening Day work in progress sketch I posted...
Opening Day sketch, now with ink!
After inking it, I happened to stumble across some drawings on eBay that JJ Kirby had done for Upper Deck (I'm assuming for inclusion in some baseball card set) featuring animated versions of several Yankee players. What really caught my eye was that he had done a much thicker black line as an outline around the players, with thinner interior lines. I decided I wanted to try that style out on my pitcher, hence the fat black sharpie outline after I finished inking.
Here's the final colored pitcher before getting shrunk down to work with the graphic Trevor created.
Let me know what you think!