Monday, April 5, 2010

Opening Day WIP

Happy Opening Day! Yeah, the day is almost over, but it's never too late to celebrate! The opening day of baseball season is probably my favorite day of the year.

Did you know that the only pitcher to throw a no-hitter on Opening Day was Bob Feller back in 1940? Pretty amazing, huh? That little fact served as the inspiration for me tonight. I decided to start drawing a pitcher using Bob Feller's signature high leg kick delivery as a jumping off point. Here's the rough work in progress... Definitely still has some work left to do on it, but for the moment I'm just having fun with it and trying to stylize it a bit now that I've got a rough sketch down. I have to say, it's a lot of fun to draw the old school wool uniform, back when everyone wore it just a little baggier than they do today.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment