Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random stuff...

I've been doing lots of drawing lately, but most of it is of the "work on things to try to improve my skills" sort of stuff not the "wow, this is something I really want to show people" variety. But since I haven't done much of the "can't wait to show you" stuff, I figured I'd do a post with a few random things that I've been doing over the past week. Maybe it's boring, maybe it is all crap, but at least I feel like I'm making some growth in my skill set by doing some of this stuff.

First up, I have pages and pages of figure drawing stuff that I've been playing around with the last few days thanks to this simple but extremely cool gesture drawing tool website that allows you to set up parameters like length of time per drawing, sex of model, clothed/not clothed and then it automatically changes the photo after the time limit you set. They also have a similar website for drawing animals. Below are 3 pages of drawings from this week, each drawing done in 5 minutes...




I always try to carry a sketchbook with me when I go out... Usually it's just a small moleskin that I'm able to tuck into my back pocket, but anytime I have a couple minutes to kill, I will whip it out and sketch people I see out and about. Here are a couple of those drawings...



Lastly, I spent my afternoon at Disneyland today, and of course I made a couple trips through the Animation Academy at California Adventure, where they taught Grumpy and Pluto. I've said it before, but it's always impressive that they're able to, in a period of about 15 minutes, teach an entire room ranging from small children to grandparents how to draw a Disney character. Here are my attempts from today...


No comments:

Post a Comment